Iran denies Israeli embassy attacks
Tehran - Iran on Tuesday denied Israeli accusations that it was behind attacks on Israeli embassy staff in Georgia and India, Al-Alam television said, quoting the foreign ministry spokesperson.
"We categorically reject the accusations made by the Zionist regime. They are part of a propaganda war," Ramin Mehmanparast was quoted as saying by the Arabic-language channel.
"Iran condemns all acts of terrorism," he added.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu blamed Iran for the attacks that wounded at least two people, one of them an Israeli woman.
"Iran is behind these attacks. It is the biggest exporter of terror in the world," Netanyahu told members of his rightwing Likud party.
The Israeli leader said there had been a number of attempts to harm Israelis and Jews in recent months, in places such as Thailand and Azerbaijan, in a series of attacks co-ordinated by Tehran and Lebanon's Shi'ite militia Hezbollah.
"In all these incidents, those responsible were Iran and its protege Hezbollah," he said.
Israel would continue to act "with a firm hand" to stamp out "international terror coming from Iran", he warned.
On Monday a car outside the Israeli embassy in New Delhi exploded in a ball of fire, injuring two people, one of whom was an Israeli woman, Netanyahu said.
Separately, the Georgian interior ministry confirmed that police in the capital Tbilisi had defused an explosive device found in the car of an Israeli embassy employee.
Mehmanparast said Iran "has also been the victim of terrorist actions," adding that "the Zionist regime itself is based on state terrorism and occupation" in reference to Israeli-occupied Palestinian land.