Secret Lockerbie files published
London - A Scottish newspaper has published what it says are previously undisclosed files on the 1988 Pan Am bombing that the only suspect convicted in the case has claimed cast doubt on his involvement.
The Sunday Herald newspaper posted an 800-report by the Scottish Criminal Cases Review Commission to its website on Sunday.
It says it had been authorised to publish the documents by Abdel Baset al-Megrahi, who was convicted over the bombing that killed 270 people, most of them Americans, over the Scottish town of Lockerbie.
Al-Megrahi was granted a compassionate release from a Scottish prison in August 2009 and returned to his native Libya. He is being treated for prostate cancer
The files were prepared ahead of a planned appeal in 2009, which al-Megrahi dropped ahead of his release.