US shooting suspect flown out
Kabul - A US military official says the American soldier accused of killings 16 Afghan civilians on a shooting spree has been flown out of the country.
The official said on Wednesday that the soldier has been flown to a "pre-trial confinement facility" in another country but did not provide further details. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the information had not yet been publicly announced.
The official did not provide a reason for the move, saying only that the decision had been made to continue legal proceedings outside of Afghanistan.