Bomb disposal called to Manchester college in false alarm

2017-05-25 12:57
(iStock)

(iStock)

Multimedia   ·   User Galleries   ·   News in Pictures Send us your pictures  ·  Send us your stories

Manchester -Bomb disposal units responded to a call at a college in Manchester on Thursday which turned out to be a false alarm, police investigating Monday's terror attack in the city said.

Police said a "possible suspicious package... has now been deemed safe and the cordon has been removed".

Police earlier said EOD (Explosive Ordnance Disposal) units had been called to the site in Hulme, an area just south of the city centre.

It said several roads in the area were closed.

"Officers are in attendance and we are currently assessing the situation," they said.

Read more on:    uk  |  security

Join the conversation!

24.com encourages commentary submitted via MyNews24. Contributions of 200 words or more will be considered for publication.

We reserve editorial discretion to decide what will be published.
Read our comments policy for guidelines on contributions.
NEXT ON NEWS24X

Inside News24

 
/News
Traffic Alerts
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Settings

Location Settings

News24 allows you to edit the display of certain components based on a location. If you wish to personalise the page based on your preferences, please select a location for each component and click "Submit" in order for the changes to take affect.




Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.