11-month-old baby dies after grandparents forget him in hot car

By Samantha Luiz
08 September 2015

An 11-month-old baby boy died when his grandparents accidentally left him in a hot car after attending church.

An 11-month-old baby boy died when his grandparents accidentally left him in a hot car after attending church.

Jaxon Taylor, from Georgia, was reportedly left in the car for two hours.

'She runs toward the car finds the child strapped in the car seat'
“We believe at this point that each adult may have thought the other adult had responsibility to get that child out and when they got inside they just did not confirm that, did not communicate that to each other,” said Walker County Sheriff Steve Wilson. At the time of the incident, the grandparents were babysitting Jaxon while his mother, a nurse who works the night shift, slept at home. When she woke up, she asked her parents where her baby was.

“At that point, she runs toward the car finds the child strapped in the car seat and administers CPR. She brings the child back in the house the adults put him in cold water, trying to revive him, bring him back,” said Wilson.

Despite the efforts of paramedics and Jaxon's mother, he was pronounced dead at the hospital. It is believed the toddler died of heat stroke.

While no charges have been filed so far, police are reportedly "keeping an open mind."

Sources: independent.co.uk, nydailynews.com

Find Love!

Men
Women