A ray of hope for Joost van der Westhuizen

By admin
02 September 2011

Since being diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, the most common form of terminal motor neurone disease, former Springbok Joost van der Westhuizen’s future looked grim.

Doctors say he has an 80 per cent chance of living for another two to five years and a 20 per cent chance of a few more years after that.

Now, though, a ray of hope has broken through this dark cloud.

Aided by his neurologist, Dr Jody Pearl, he has become a member of a small number of people who are receiving pioneering experimental therapy.

Read more in YOU 8 September 2011.

Follow YOU on Twitter.

Find Love!

Men
Women