Axed Generations actors head to court

By admin
13 January 2015

The lawyers of 16 actors who were axed from SABC1 soapie Generations, were expected to approach the High Court in Johannesburg on Tuesday.

According to the City Press, the group want the newly launched version of the soapie, Generations The Legacy, to be taken off screens.

The group allege that the SABC reneged on a contract it signed after the actors were axed over a pay dispute last year.

Bulelani Mzamo, for the actors, told the paper that the contract stated that the public broadcaster would pay the fees the actors had been demanding and was willing to reinstate them.

This had not happened.

Mvundla told City Press that he was aware of the axed actors' plan to head to the courts if the soapie was not taken off air on Monday.

"I am aware of the planned legal action, but the show will go on because we have a contract with the SABC, not the actors," Vundla was quoted as saying.

SABC spokesman Kaizer Kganyago told the paper there were no plans to pull the plug on the soapie.

"I have heard stories that the actors plan to get an interdict against the SABC, but we have nothing official from them," he said.

SAPA

Find Love!

Men
Women