Franziska murder: alleged killers talk deals

By News24 Wire
16 September 2016

Two of the men accused of murdering Tokai teenager Franziska Blöchliger are in discussions with the State for possible plea agreements, their lawyers said on Friday.

Howard Oliver and Jerome Moses were finalising their plea agreements, the Wynberg Magistrate’s Court heard.

The other two accused, Jonathan Jonas and Daniel Easter, were unlikely to accept plea bargains, but were willing to listen to the State’s proposal.

Read more: ‘Our daughter was ripped out of this world’: devastated parents of slain Tokai teen speak out

The four appeared in court on charges of murder, rape and robbery.

Postponement

Prosecutor Renee Prinsloo-Uys said police investigations have been concluded, but asked for a one-month postponement to finalise the agreements with the accused.

Oliver and Jonas would remain behind bars. Bail for Easter and Moses was extended.

A post-mortem found Franziska (16) was strangled and suffocated and had sustained blunt-force trauma when she was attacked in Tokai Forest on March 7.

Sand was found in her throat and she had been raped vaginally and anally.

She had arranged to meet her mother after going jogging in the popular recreational area by herself. When Franziska did not arrive at the agreed meeting place, the family began to worry.

Read more: Franziska laid to rest at beautiful sunset memorial service

Her body was found during a search. She had been robbed of her iPhone, watch, headset, and diamond ring.

The accused were allegedly linked to the crime through witnesses and were found in possession of her belongings.

The matter was postponed to October 17.

News24

Read more: Franziska’s father describes awful phone call he received from his daughter’s phone before her body was found

Find Love!

Men
Women