Henri van Breda to appear in court over family axe murder

By admin
13 June 2016

A 21-year-old suspect who faces allegations of killing the Van Breda family in Stellenbosch last year will appear in court on Tuesday, Western Cape police confirmed.

Henri van Breda (21) is due to appear in court in connection with the killings of the Van Breda family in Stellenbosch last year.

Lieutenant Colonel Andre Traut said their investigation led to the arrest of the man "when he handed himself over to the Stellenbosch police at 15:30".

He faced three counts of murder and one of attempted murder.

Read more: One year later: we look back on the De Zalze axe murder

Martin van Breda, his wife Teresa and son Rudi were hacked to death with an axe at De Zalze golf estate in the early hours of Tuesday, January 27, 2015. Their daughter Marli who was 16 at the time, and brother Henri (20) were the only surviving members of the attack.

National Prosecuting Authority Western Cape spokesperson Eric Ntabazalila would not comment on whether there had been a decision to prosecute. "We can only comment when a suspect goes to court," he said.

Find Love!

Men
Women