Horrific details emerge in Tokai murder case

By admin
11 March 2016

Four men appeared in the Wynberg Magistrates court on Friday morning in connection with the murder of a teenage girl in Cape Town's Tokai forest.

Franziska Blöchliger's body was found in the forest after she went missing while going for a jog on Monday afternoon.

Read more: Family of Khayelitsha teen murdered in toilet ‘angry’ with cops The suspects, all Westlake residents, were arrested after they allegedly tried to sell the 16-year-old's stolen iPhone. This morning the prosecutor announced in court the men face one count of murder, one count of robbery with aggravating circumstances and three counts of rape. Semen was collected at the crime scene. News24 reports there were "huge gasps of shock" in the courtroom when the rape count was announced, adding that there was indication the young girl was raped anally as well as vaginally.

Read more: Franziska’s father describes awful phone call he received from his daughter’s phone before her body was found

Those in attendance had to be asked to settle down for proceedings to continue. Franziska's body was found under the fynbos. PHOTO: Supplied Franziska's body was found under the fynbos. PHOTO: Supplied "Two of the three men charged with her murder and rape seem at ease in the dock," according to the outlet's report. "The one cracks a smile and laughs at something. He nods his head as they chat." The prosecutor asked for a postponement for a bail application, explaining the state needed to verify some details. He asked that the men be sent to Wynberg police station and not Pollsmoor prison.

One of the men told the magistrate he didn't want to go to Wynberg's holding cells because he believed he would not get food there. Another said it was too dangerous.

The magistrate assured them they would get food and have "water, soap and shampoo" to bath.

Read more: ‘Our daughter was ripped out of this world’: devastated parents of slain Tokai teen speak out

At this point a court goer shouted out: "This one wants luxury ne?! He doesn't deserve luxury."

Another of the accused argued he wouldn't be able to receive visitors if he was not at Pollsmoor prison.

The magistrate replied, "I have heard what you said and they will sort out everything you are looking for."

The bail application will be heard on March 18. The men will remain in custody at Wynberg police station until then.

Read more: Franziska’s murder: what we know so far

Additional sources: News24, EWN, IOL

Find Love!

Men
Women