'I want to see the men accused of killing my daughter'

By admin
28 April 2016

The father of slain Tokai teenager Franziska Blöchliger attended proceedings for the first time on Thursday in the court case against four men accused of murdering his daughter.

The father of slain Tokai teenager Franziska Blöchliger attended proceedings for the first time on Thursday in the court case against four men accused of murdering his daughter.

"I want to see who it is that is said to have done this," Florian Blöchliger said outside the courtroom at the Wynberg Magistrate's Court.

Three of the men arrested for the rape and murder of the  teenager are awaiting the results of a DNA test before proceeding with their bail application.

Read more: Horrific details emerge in Tokai murder case

The 16-year-old girl was found dead in Tokai Forest on March 7. She had arranged to meet her mother after going jogging in the popular recreational area by herself. When Franziska did not arrive at the agreed meeting place, the family began to worry.

She was later found strangled and raped. She had been robbed of her iPhone, watch, headset, and diamond ring.

The accused are understood to have been linked to the crime through witnesses, and were found in possession of her belongings.

The State said it would oppose bail for all four accused. They face charges of murder, rape, and robbery with aggravating circumstances.

Read more: Franziska’s father describes awful phone call he received from his daughter’s phone before her body was found

According to the charge sheet, three of the accused came from Westlake and one from Steenberg. They were aged between 21 and 32.

News24

Find Love!

Men
Women