Latest on gruesome golf estate murders

By admin
28 January 2015

Several people are being questioned by police in connection with the deaths of three members of a family on De Zalze Golf Estate in Stellenbosch.

According Netwerk24, the bodies of businessman Martin van Breda (55) his wife , Teresa (54) , and their eldest son Rudi (22) were found at about 7 am on Tuesday morning. They are believed to have been hacked to death with an axe. PHOTO: Google Earth PHOTO: Google Earth The couple's youngest child, Marli (16) was admitted to hospital with serious injuries and had to undergo an emergency operation last night. Her condition is reportedly critical, but stable.

The couple's other son, Henri (20), who also was in the house at the time of the murders, survived.
'Henri is being treated as a witness at this stage. He had scratches and cuts'

Eben Potgieter, chairman of De Zalze's home owners' association said Henri could walk away from the scene and could not have been seriously injured. "I saw this myself,"  he is quoted as saying, "Henri is being treated as a witness at this stage. He had scratches and cuts."

He added that a neighbour's domestic worker saw Henri standing outside the house speaking on his cellphone. She alleges she saw blood on him.

Police spokesperson Lieutenant Colonel Andre Traut said the motive for the killings is currently a unclear, and several people are being questioned by police. No arrests have been made

Martin was a successful businessman and he owns the property company Engel & Völkers' Australian subsidiary. The family had previously emigrated to Perth but returned to South Africa last year.

Sources : Netwerk24 , IOL, Times Live, News24

Find Love!

Men
Women