Man 'may lose hand' after attempting selfie with rattlesnake

By Samantha Luiz
27 August 2015

A man faces losing his hand after being bitten by a rattlesnake he picked up to take a selfie.

Alex Gomez, from, Lake Elsinore, was hospitalised on Monday after he was bitten by the 1m-long snake, filling him with venom. He had reportedly spotted the rattler in a field close to his family's ranch.

“It was really thin and had ten rattles on it, it was rattling,” said Alex's nephew Ronnie, who was with him when the incident happened.

'It was really thin and had ten rattles on it'

“It was pretty mad.” Alex was then rushed to the hospital where he was treated with anti-venom. Despite the doctors' efforts, he still may lose his hand. “His skin is already rotting away,” described Deborah, Alex's mom. And she's offering no sympathy.

“I’m shocked that he would have that things around his neck,” said Alex's mother Deborah.

“It could’ve bit his neck, and that would have been it. That’s just being a fool.”

Sources: losangeles.cbslocal.com, metro.co.uk

Find Love!

Men
Women