'Men suffer emotional and psychological trauma when wives withhold sex' - politician

By YOU
26 July 2017

He also claims that Muslim men suffer abuse when their wives stop them from marrying a second wife.

A politician has claimed that men experience 'emotional and psychological abuse' when their wives withhold sex from them.

The Malaysian politician Che Mohamad Zulkifly claimed that men are suffering abuse because of, not only a lack of sex but also being constantly nagged by their wives.

He made the controversial comments during a debate on the Domestic Violence Act bill in the Dewan Rakyat, Malaysia’s House of Representatives.

Che Mohamad also claims that Muslim men suffer abuse when their wives stop them from marrying a second wife. Muslim men are allowed to take up to four wives in Malaysia, but only if they have obtained permission from an Islamic scholar and their first wife agrees with this.

"Some want to marry more than one but they need to get permission from their wives who disagree and they end up being nagged."

PHOTO: Magazine Features PHOTO: Magazine Features

Malaysian men must prove that they can financially support having more than one wife before they are given permission to marry. The women must also be Muslim and must be emotionally and financially stable, according to law.

They present their case before a court and should obtain permission from both their wife and the Islamic figure.

According to Che Mohamad, some men have reported being victims of domestic violence.

More than 4,000 men have been victims of domestic violence, according to Women, Family and Community Development Minister, Datuk Seri Rohani Abdul Karim.

"Between 2014 and 2016, there were 15,617 domestic violence cases, and 74 % of the victims were women, while the remaining 26% were men."

-Magazine Features

Find Love!

Men
Women