Mom gives six-week-old baby two shots of vodka by mistake

By admin
11 September 2015

A six-week-old baby from the American state of Wisconsin nearly died after accidentally being fed baby formula containing two shots of vodka.

A six-week-old baby from the American state of Wisconsin nearly died after accidentally being fed baby formula containing two shots of vodka. 

When she was admitted to hospital this week her blood alcohol level was 0,294 – three times the legal limit for an adult driver.

According to a local police spokesperson, Bradley Hetlet, the baby drank the alcoholic milk formula on Monday, Netwerk24 reported via news agency Reuters.

It was apparently an accident and the parents aren’t being charged for this incident. The father does, however, face a separate charge relating to an argument between him and his wife after the baby became sick from drinking the formula.

The baby’s mother says she filled a container she uses for the baby’s bottle with water, put it on the kitchen counter and left the room. The father then entered the kitchen, emptied the container and poured two shots of vodka into it. He wanted to take it to a friend’s house.

Unknowingly the mother mixed baby formula with the vodka and fed the baby. The parents became aware of what had happened only when the baby began to act strangely.

The mother and the 22-year-old father began to argue and the police later arrived.

In the midst of the chaos rescue workers arrived and rushed the baby to hospital. The baby was discharged on Wednesday.

Sources: Reuters; Netwerk24

Find Love!

Men
Women