Oscar fan removed for snapping pics in court

By admin
17 April 2014

High Court in Pretoria security officials removed a member of the public taking photographs in courtroom GD ahead of the resumption of Oscar Pistorius's trial on Thursday.

High Court in Pretoria security officials removed a member of the public taking photographs in courtroom GD ahead of the resumption of Oscar Pistorius's trial on Thursday.

"Take him out of the court," a security official said to his colleagues.

The young man who had snapped a picture using his cellphone was led out of court, looking embarrassed.

Taking pictures before the hearing starts is prohibited in the courtroom where the paralympian is on trial for shooting dead his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp.

Once the court is in session, a pool photo arrangement for media houses kicks in.

Pistorius shot Steenkamp through a locked bathroom door at his home in Pretoria on Valentine's Day last year.

He says he mistook her for an intruder and that the shooting was an accident.

He is charged with murdering her, and also faces three other charges for contraventions of the Firearms Control Act.

He has pleased not guilty to all the charges.

Pistorius looked calm on Thursday as he sat in front of the court, chatting to a member of his legal team.

His family, who have been at his side during all the proceedings, were again in court.

Also in court was Steenkamp's mother June, who sat speaking to ANC Women's League Gauteng spokeswoman Jacqui Mofokeng.

Mofokeng has been in regular attendance since the trial started seven weeks ago.

- Sapa

Find Love!

Men
Women