Shocking photos show why you should stop leaving your cellphone under your pillow

By Samantha Luiz
22 February 2016

Leaving your phone under the pillow is not as harmless as you think.

The New York Police Department (NYPD) recently shared images that highlight the dangers of leaving your phone under your pillow while charging or sleeping.

Shared on a Twitter account run by Deputy Inspector Wilson Aramboles, the four frightful images show a damaged phone next to a scorched pillow and bedding.

“Don’t put your cellphone under a pillow when sleeping or when charging your device. Please share this tip and b safe!” reads the caption accompanying the post.

This fire risk is caused by the overheating that happens when some phones are charging.

"The batteries heat up, they could melt—in some cases, explode—and cause a fire,” explained a fire chief last year after a teenager's phone set his bed alight.

“It is recommended that you leave these types of devices on a hard surface so the heat can dissipate."

Last November, Dwayne Blanchard took to Facebook to share a photo of a burnt bed after his son left a Bluetooth speaker charging on the pillow.

charger 1

In 2014, a 13-year-old girl fell asleep while while her Samsung Galaxy S4 was charging under her pillow. Later woken up by the smell of something burning, her phone was "fried into an unrecognisable slab of plastic and melted components".

Sources: pix11.com, yahoo.com

Find Love!

Men
Women