Shoppers evacuated as fire blazes at Gateway Shopping Mall

By admin
22 June 2016

Shoppers were evacuated after a fire broke out at Gateway Shopping Mall in Umhlanga, Durban.

Photos of the sky-high blaze have been shared by social media, which reportedly started at a restaurant in the mall. “The fire was initially quite bad and there was a lot of smoke," Suveer Singh told News24 from the scene.

"But it seems to have calmed down now that the firefighters have started working on it. It seems that many people have been evacuated from the mall itself.”

Marshall Security Services spokesperson Kyle van Reenen said the fire was believed to have started in an extractor system of one of the fast food outlets.

According to local radio station East Coast Radio, no one had been hurt.

More local news: Reckless driving backfires for furious BMW driver in Durban in shocking road rage video

Pretoria woman’s hilarious response to ‘Your boyfriend made me pregnant’ text goes viral

‘I thought I had paralysed my son’: Janez’s dire warning to parents after Father’s Day nightmare

Sources: ECR, News24, Twitter

Find Love!

Men
Women