Teen electrocuted by cell phone in bath sent chilling final text

By Nici De Wet
18 July 2017

Her parents have released the photo in the hopes of spreading awareness about the dangers of portable electronic devices.

In a tragic twist, the final text of the Texas teen who electrocuted herself in the bath earlier this month while using her cell phone has been released - and it was the device that ultimately killed her.

Madison Coe's final text shows an image of her phone charger plugged into an extension cord.

She'd written, “When you use [an] extension cord so you can plug your phone in while you’re in the bath."

It's believed the 14-year-old did not submerge her phone in water but died after touching a frayed part of the extension cord while she in the bath.

Read more: 14-year-old girl dies using her smartphone in bath

teen electrocuted by cell phone in bath

According to the teen's grandmother Donna O'Guinn "there was a burn mark on her hand, the hand that would have grabbed the phone. And that was just very obvious that that's what had happened."

Since her death friends have raised more than $12 000 on a GoFundMe to help her family.

Sources: nypost.com, aol.com

Find Love!

Men
Women