The end of an era: Noeleen's 3Talk cancelled after current season

By Kirstin Buick
17 February 2015

SABC has released a statement confirming rumours that 3Talk with Noeleen has been cancelled.

SABC has released a statement confirming rumours that 3Talk with Noeleen has been cancelled.

After over a decade on screens, the broadcaster and host Noeleen Maholwana-Sangqu reportedly came to a mutual decision to end the show, with the final episode set to air on April 20 at 4pm.

'I think it's time for me to bid farewell'

According to the statement, the host decided to "hang up her talking shoes" last year.

"When we started the show, I could never have imagined that we would have such an enduring relationship with our viewers. I have had the most fabulous 12 years on 3Talk. It's been an amazing adventure which has brought so much fun and meaning into my life, but after a lot of thought, I think it's time for me to bid farewell," she said.

“We are sincerely grateful to Noeleen for her incessant support, commitment and professionalism over the last 12 years. Noeleen has moved, inspired and empowered our viewers through the many episodes of 3Talk. It is the end of an era” said Aisha Mohamed, SABC3 Head of Bouquet.

Find Love!

Men
Women