Vanderbijlpark man accused of murdering wife and children back in court

By admin
15 December 2015

Fanie du Preez, the man accused of murdering his wife and two teenage children, is expected to be back in court where he will formally apply for bail on Tuesday.

Du Preez (39) appeared briefly in the Vanderbijlpark Magistrate's Court last week where the case was postponed.

At a previous appearance Du Preez requested legal aid.

Francois de Kock told the court last Tuesday he was appointed to act for Du Preez. He said his instructions were to bring a formal bail application and asked the court to postpone the matter to December 15.

The magistrate granted the request.

Du Preez stands accused of shooting dead his wife, Thea (43) and their two children, Carlia (17) and Phillip (14) on December 3.

It is the State's case that the murders were premeditated.

The prosecutor said that because the crime was a schedule 6 offence, bail would be opposed.

On Friday, around 600 people attended the funeral service of three members of the Du Preez family. The funeral was held at the River of Life Family Church in Vanderbiljpark, where family and friends said their last goodbyes.

News24

Find Love!

Men
Women