Johannesburg - The Electoral Court has ruled that the DA retract its SMS about President Jacob Zuma, the ANC said in a statement on Tuesday night.
It had been sent to 1.5 million potential voters in Gauteng.
ANC spokesperson Jackson Mthembu said the court had had found that the SMS, which had claimed that Zuma "stole" R246m to build his home in Nkandla, was false, inaccurate and in contravention of the Electoral Act and the Electoral Code.
The court has ordered the DA to send an SMS to all 1.5 million potential voters who had received the initial SMS retracting their initial message. The SMS, to be sent at the DA's cost, is to be worded as follows:
"The DA retracts the SMS dispatched to you which falsely stated that President Zuma stole R246m to build his home. The SMS violated the Code and the Act."