DR Congo Ebola death toll passes 2 000 - official

2019-08-30 20:57

The Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo has claimed more than 2 000 lives, out of a total of 3 000 recorded cases since August last year, health officials said on Friday.

"In total, there have been 2 006 deaths (1 901 confirmed and 105 probable)," officials said in a bulletin dated Thursday.

"Since the start of the epidemic, the number of cases is 3 004, including 2 899 confirmed and 105 probable," it added.

GET THE NEWS at your fingertips and download the News24 app for Android here now. Get it for your iPhone here.

KEEP UPDATED on the latest news by subscribing to our FREE newsletter.

- FOLLOW News24 on Twitter

Read more on:    dr congo  |  central africa  |  diseases
NEXT ON NEWS24X

Inside News24

 
Traffic Alerts
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.