Egypt's top commander says ties with Pyongyang severed

2017-09-12 12:17
iStock

iStock

Multimedia   ·   User Galleries   ·   News in Pictures Send us your pictures  ·  Send us your stories

Cairo - A South Korean news agency reports that Egypt's defence minister has announced it has cut military ties with North Korea during a visit to Seoul.

Yonhap quoted the South Korean Defense Ministry on Monday as saying Egypt's Defense Minister Sedki Sobhi told his counterpart Song Young-moo that Egypt has "already severed all military ties with North Korea."

"Egypt will actively co-operate with South Korea against North Korea acts that threaten peace," the agency quoted Sobhi as saying.

Last month, the United States cut or delayed some $300 million in military and economic aid over human rights concerns and ties to North Korea.

This is Sohbi's first meeting with Song, which came after a South Korean-Egypt memorandum of understanding on defense cooperation was signed in March.

Read more on:    egypt  |  north korea  |  north africa
NEXT ON NEWS24X

Inside News24

 
/News
Traffic Alerts
Traffic
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.