Kenyan soldier declared dead, but his phone still rings - family

2016-02-23 15:21
File: AFP

File: AFP

Multimedia   ·   User Galleries   ·   News in Pictures Send us your pictures  ·  Send us your stories

Eldoret - The phone of a Kenya Defence Forces soldier, who was declared dead after al-Shabaab militants attacked an African Union base in Somalia last month, is still ringing, his family says. 

Corporal Musa Choge's family says his phone has been ringing, with the most recent call being answered by a Somali man who they thought could be his captor.

The call, however, ended abruptly after they (the family) insisted to know if Choge was alive, Standard reports.

They had hopes of meeting him again, until the government confirmed his death on Friday.

Choge last visited his family in October last year.

He was among the soldiers who had been deployed in El Adde early this year, two days before the deadly al-Shabaab attack that left over 60 Kenyan soldiers dead.

The Star had reported that 12 soldiers were kidnapped and were being used as human shields.


Read more on:    al-shabaab  |  kenya  |  east africa
NEXT ON NEWS24X

Inside News24

 
Most Read
News In Your Area
Top Lifestyle
/News
Traffic Alerts
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.