About 900 pupils who wrote their matric exams last year are still waiting for their results. Most of those affected were Gauteng matriculants who wrote their exams through independent examiner the South African Comprehensive Assessment Institute, The Star reported today. The institute’s chief executive, Gustav Niebuhr, blamed the provincial education departments, saying they had not captured the year mark grades it had sent to them, the newspaper reported. “There are also cases where it’s not the year mark that has caused the problem, as there is no mark for the final exam,” Niebuhr was quoted as saying. Gauteng education department spokesperson Phumla Sekhonyane, however, said institute had not handed in results of 599 pupils on time. “They submitted their school-based assessment results late. The matter has now been resolved and their results will be available tomorrow.” Another 38 pupils from Star School were also still without their results. “All of them are part-time learners and our system cannot pick up their school-based assessment,” Sekhonyane told the newspaper. The education department and principal of the school would meet to see how the matter could be resolved. The national matric results were officially released on Monday.