Residents burn houses of kidnapping suspects

2013-11-14 08:44

Three houses and two taverns have been set alight by angry residents in Setlagole area, outside Mahikeng in the North West.

The houses and taverns were burned yesterday evening and no one was injured, said Sergeant Kealeboga Molale.

They belonged to people accused of kidnapping a seven-year-old boy on November 1.

“Community members were angry that none of the suspects were arrested.”

They also looted three foreign nationals’ shops in the area and torched a structure where tribal meetings are held.

No one had been arrested. Police were investigating a case of malicious damage to property, looting, business robbery and arson, said Molale.

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
0 comments
Comments have been closed for this article.

Inside News24

 
Traffic Alerts
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.