Fire: Children set room alight

2013-03-01 00:00

SOME old furniture stored at the back of an outbuilding caught fire in the suburb of Woodlands yesterday.

Two children had been playing with matches after school.

Luckily, neither of the children was burnt or hurt in the conflagration that ensued.

The children, aged seven and six years, confessed to their mother that they had been playing with matches.

Their mother, who did not want their names published, said there were matches in the house because they use a gas stove.

The Msunduzi fire department arrived quickly to extinguish the fire, but the flames had already damaged the furniture.

Join the conversation! encourages commentary submitted via MyNews24. Contributions of 200 words or more will be considered for publication.

We reserve editorial discretion to decide what will be published.
Read our comments policy for guidelines on contributions. publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
Comments have been closed for this article.

Inside News24

Traffic Alerts
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.


Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire network.


Location Settings

News24 allows you to edit the display of certain components based on a location. If you wish to personalise the page based on your preferences, please select a location for each component and click "Submit" in order for the changes to take affect.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.