Fire: Sobantu house burnt

2008-08-22 00:00

A Sobantu family lost a three-bedroom outbuilding in a fire on Wednesday night.

"I was watching television in the main building when I heard someone shouting that our house is on fire. When I came out, the flames were coming out through the windows of my bedroom. It happened so fast and the fire brigade was called, but it was too late," said Nene. He said they now have no place to sleep as the main building is too small to accommodate the family of eight. Nene told The Witness that he also has to pay back the money for a sound system and a music keyboard, damaged in the fire, that he borrowed from a friend.

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
0 comments
Comments have been closed for this article.

Inside News24

 
/News
Traffic Alerts
Traffic
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.