Heater causes fire after outage

2008-04-18 00:00

AN Oribi Village resident in Pietermaritzburg has learnt a hard lesson after a bar heater, which she inadvertently left on during load shedding, set her bed on fire when the power came back on.

“Later, as I was walking down the road, I saw smoke coming from my house. I thought a stove, which was also left on, was the cause of the smoke. When I entered the house the smoke was thick and I couldn’t see where it was coming from at first and then discovered there was a fire in my bedroom,” said Brown.

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
0 comments
Comments have been closed for this article.

Inside News24

 
/News
Traffic Alerts
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.