ONE of the five suspects who appeared in the Alexandra regional court yesterday on a charge of conspiracy to murder a senior police officer and the private detective Paul O’Sullivan, said he had not eaten for two days. Siboniso Miya (32) was arrested two weeks ago in connection with a conspiracy to murder O’Sullivan and Colonel Nkosana (Killer) Ximba of the SA police’s crime intelligence unit, complained to the court that he had not eaten since Friday. He appeared with four other suspects, Owen Serero (32), his girlfriend Zodumiso Biyele (23), Jacob Nare (28) and Sergeant Nandi Rose Nkosi (34) from the crime intelligence unit, on charges of conspiracy to commit murder, two counts of robbery with aggravating circumstances, two counts of vehicle theft and possession of unlicensed firearms and ammunition. Police officers were present in numbers in and outside the court. Saleem Ebrahim, one of Miya’s attorneys, said Miya did not get any food while he was held in police custody. “He must be moved to a proper detention facility,” said Ebrahim. He said Miya was to have been moved last week, but it did not happen. “The circumstances at the police station are very bad. We are worried about his security and his health,” Ebrahim said. National police spokesperson Lieutenant-General Solomon Makgale said it was not true that Miya did not get any food. “He does not want to eat the food that is given to him,” Makgale said. Nkosi, who was arrested last week, appeared with a pink scarf around her head. She had allegedly supplied software that could be used to find the investigators in the police’s special multi-disciplinary task team, which had been created by the national head of police, General Riah Phiyega, to find crimes in which Radovan Krejcír had allegedly been involved. Nkosi and Biyele will appear in the same court later this month when they will apply for bail. The case was postponed by magistrate Renier Boshoff to February 18.