Workplace accident: man killed by exploding drum

2008-06-05 00:00

A 64-YEAR-OLD man died after he was seriously injured by a drum that exploded while he was cutting it open with an acetylene torch at his workplace, Nottingham Road Gas Supplies, yesterday afternoon.

Paramedics suspected that the drum contained a traces of a flammable substance. Droualt said Underwood was employed five years ago, and had become Mr Smallwood’s right hand man. publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
Comments have been closed for this article.

Inside News24

Traffic Alerts
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.


Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire network.