Cape Town - Miss South Africa, 22 year old Rolene Strauss, was crowned Miss World 2014 at the pageant's final in London on Sunday.
The dark haired beauty was part of 12 finalists and came out on top, beating Miss Hungary, Edina Kulcsar, who was the runner-up and Miss United States, Elizabeth Safrit, who came third in the 64th annual competition, contested by women from 121 countries.
ICYMI Rolene is the third South African woman to win Miss World, the last being Anneline Kriel who won 40 years ago!
Here are 10 interesting facts you might not have known about Rolene:
1) She is originally from Volksrust, a town in Mpumalanga.
2) She is currently living in Bloemfontein.
3) She is 22-years-old.
4) She is a third year medical student at the University of the Free State.
5) She was also a Miss SA finalist in 2011 when Melinda Bam was crowned the winner.
6) Her favourite TV show is Grey’s Anatomy.
7) She also happens to be the University of the Free State’s first successful test tube baby.
8) Her mom studied nursing and her dad medicine at the University of the Free State.
9) She loves playing golf.
10) Her favourite meal is her mom’s oxtail and stampmielies.