Ask sis Dolly: I have anger issues

By Drum Digital
08 April 2015

I lost my mum in 2008 and in 2009 I found out I was HIV-positive.

I'm a married man with three beautiful daughters (two are my stepdaughters). Their biological father has resurfaced but they don't bother with him. I'm healthy and I get lots of support from my wife> However, I have so much anger. I sometimes get so angry at my wife over small things that I even hit her once. I don't know what provokes my anger.

Sis Dolly answers:

Firstly, I accept your courage in asking for help and in recognising that violence is not a healthy expression of anger. You need a counsellor to identify the source and trigger of your anger. You need to be committed to finding the root of the issue and a counsellor can help with that. In the meantime, whenever you get angry, ask yourself if it's the same thing that always angers you. That is what the counsellor will need to know and will then discuss with you. Contact the Family Life Centre on 011-984-0266 for a counsellor.

Find Love!