Ask Sis Dolly: I need maintenance

By Drum Digital
04 November 2015

I’m a mother of two who broke up with the children’s father. I want to take him to the Maintenance Court, but he lives in another province. Can I serve him with papers and how do I go about it?


Sis Dolly answers:

The papers need to be completed within the area that you and your children are living. If there is to be a court appearance, my understanding is that you both need to be there.

I suggest that you go to your local Magistrate’s Court, which the Maintenance Court falls under, to enquire about the entire process.

Ensure you have a physical address for your children’s father and that you’ve outlined all the expenses involved in raising your children. You can also contact Legal Aid SA on 0800-110-110 for advice,

Find Love!