Ask Sis Dolly: I want to see my child

By Drum Digital
02 September 2016

All I want is to support my three-year-old daughter and spend time with her, but my ex refuses

I am a guy aged 27. I had a baby with a woman and she divorced me after finding another man.

All I want is to support my three-year-old daughter and spend time with her, but my ex refuses.

She said she doesn’t want anything from me.

Are there any legal procedures to help me be a part of my daughter’s life?

Sis Dolly answers

Your ex has no right to deny you time with your child.

Whether legally married or not, when partners separate a parenting plan should be drawn up, with the help of a mediator, to deal with the care of and contact with the child.

The plan looks at the best interests of the child. It deals with things like who should be the primary caregiver and how and when the other parent can see the child.

I suggest you go to your nearest family advocate office for help drawing up a suitable parenting plan.

Find Love!