Don't be an absent father

By Drum Digital
05 April 2014

The law doesn't deny you the right to be a good father.

She may have the legal system behind her, but remember that the law always puts the baby’s wellbeing first and doesn’t deny a father the right to see his children.

So you do have the right to have access to your child – unless it’s not in the best interests of the baby.

I suggest you contact a branch of Legal Aid (0861-053-425) or the social welfare department so that you can gain access to your son.

Don’t give up on your ex just yet.

She’s probably still hurting from the disappointment of watching you drink your life away.

Being in a relationship with an addict is hard, and she might only take you seriously once you’ve proved that you’re committed to a life without alcohol.

So continue attending AA meetings and stay off the bottle – for your sake and that of your son.

Keep in touch with his mother, even if she doesn’t want to hear from you.

She may have moved on romantically, but you are still the father of her child and no one can take that away from you.

Find Love!