He wants kids before marriage

By Drum Digital
29 April 2014

Your partner’s desire for a child before he will marry you is putting you in a difficult position.

You need to talk to him about this, and if you struggle to do so, speak to a trusted elder in your community or a family member or go to a counsellor for support.

I also suggest you make an appointment with your doctor or gynaecologist (who specialises in female reproductive health) for a check-up and to have your fertility tested.

Your partner must also be checked to see if he has fertility problems, seeing as you have conceived in the past.

He might have a low sperm count, irregular sperm or sperm with low motility (sperm that are sluggish and slow). He may be able to regain his fertility if he has one of these problems.

However, if he’s totally sterile with a zero sperm count (no sperm in his semen) you may not be able to conceive with his sperm, and may need to consider sperm donation.

Other options are artificial insemination or IVF (in-vitro fertilisation) where your eggs are fertilised outside the womb in a lab.

-Sis Dolly

Find Love!