Johannesburg - The ANC in Gauteng is staying mum on who it has entered into discussions with to form coalition governments, a spokesperson said on Wednesday.
Negotiations were still ongoing and the ANC hoped that whoever was in charge would continue efforts to transform the province's spatial landscape, Nkenke Kekana said.
The party held a special provincial executive committee meeting on Monday to assess the outcome of the polls and decide on its next move.
In Gauteng the ANC lost support in all three metros following last week's local government elections. It lost Tshwane to the DA and needed coalitions to govern in Johannesburg and Ekurhuleni.
The committee thanked those who continued to show support for the party and vowed to fix the mistakes that led to its poor showing in the big metros.
Kekana said although the ANC in Gauteng had a good track record, people did not turn up to vote.
“We are seeking to understand where the ANC failed to mobilise. It’s time to look inward and say what’s wrong. We’ve done a lot, collected refuse on time, fixed potholes and overall services are efficient, but you can’t force people to come and vote. We can only correct mistakes identified.”