The former head of embattled retailer Steinhoff is fielding questions from MPs in Parliament on the conglomerate's governance and share price collapse. Here are 5 of his top quotes so far.
- "When I left Steinhoff, I was not aware of any accounting irregularities."
- "It saddened me what happened at Steinhoff and the losses incurred by people."
- "I have a family trust that has an investment company which had 68 million Steinhoff shares, worth R3bn."
- "I feel totally responsible for what happened at Steinhoff but for the reasons I mentioned."
- "I've lost my whole career that I spent at Steinhoff."
This is Jooste's first public appearance since his abrupt resignation in December. His testimony is ongoing.