HELP: “The guy I met at a party denies fathering my baby”

By Faeza
23 February 2017

Anonymous from Tembisa writes:

A friend invited me to his party

and I met his other friend

there. We then hooked up and made

love on the same night. This guy broke

my virginity and impregnated me. But

he now tells me that the baby is not his.

I told him we must do a paternity test

but he refuses. He says he has moved

on with his life and I should also do the

same. What must I do?

Sis Naledi answers: 

A It must be difficult for the guy

to actually believe he is the

father of your baby if you slept

with him like that. First, you had not

known each other, trust was never

established and you both don’t know

how many other people you might

have slept with like that.

Remember, you are the one who

knows the facts of the day you met

him, he may not know. If you believe

he is the father of your baby, then sue

him for maintenance. The court will

force him to do a paternity test