Suing for amounts larger than R12 000

By admin
27 December 2013

Suing for amounts larger than R12 000

You have lent more than R12 000 and can’t go to the Small Claims Court (SCC). What to do now? If the amount is only slightly higher than R12 000, you can choose to abandon (“write off”) the amount that is more than R12 000.

That means that you will only be able to claim R12 000 in the SCC. If you don’t want to abandon the amount above R 12 000, you must go to the Magistrate’s Court. Although you can represent yourself, it is very difficult as there are many rules that are not always easy to understand.

You will need legal representation. Contact Scorpion Legal Protection to ensure peace of mind. Don’t wait until it is too late!

Click here for more information regarding Scorpion Legal Protection and money owed.