OBSESSIVE SINGLE PARENTING SYNDROME IS WHEN:
• When you think that there is no one who can parent your children better than yourself including your own mother.
• When you skeptically and judgmentally look at your child’s friends and overprotectively fear if their bad influence and behaviors will not somehow rub on “your-well-brought-up-kid”.
• When everyone tells you that all you talk about is your kids; their schoolwork, their birthdays, their activities, their sickness and perhaps their weird naughtiness.
• When you quit living your life and instead live your kids’.
• When you overly frustrate over your children ‘s poor school performance and worry if their future will not turn out to be what you wanted it to be.
· When you impose your ideas, thoughts, beliefs and suggestions on your children against their will or permission.
· When you decide on who is eligible to go out on a date with your child based on your approval or disapproval thereof.
· When you fear that your children will hurt themselves by refusing to allow them to engage in high performance or extreme sports
· When you presume that your child is still too young to attempt their age appropriate actions or decisions.
· When you adamantly think that only you know what is best for your child.
· When you expect your children to act or emulate your actions and thus ultimately cloning you in every sense of your being.
Taken from the upcoming book by Themba Simelane.
#RAISING BOYS LIKE LITTLE HUSBANDS
A single parent's guide to raising teenage boys!