For the sake of South Africa, Mr President, it is now time for ACTION.
Let's review the facts:
1) South Africa enjoys more solar radiation than almost any other country.
2) We have a 3000 km coastline where there is almost always wind.
3) The coal industry is dirty and dying. Already all our major banks are refusing to lend money for energy provided by coal.
4) The only opposition to renewables is either (a) by the unions who want to look after their own pockets and to hell with South Africa's future or (b) by people who are fanatically pro-nuclear and circulate false news about the cost of renewables.
5) Nuclear is an absolute no-no, with massive costs and historically proven massive cost overruns. We simply cannot afford it. End of story.
6) Factories and offices with air conditioning work in the daytime using a heap of electricity.
7) The cost of PV panels and battery storage has dropped dramatically over the past decade.
8) South Africa has all the resources necessary to install renewables in a very short space of time. Previous coal miners simply need to be retrained to do the work.
9) If we don't bolster our supplies of electricity, our economy is doomed - and Medupi and Kusile - those corruption-laden projects - are nowhere near delivering the electricity we desperately need.
So, Mr President, hopefully the election won't give power back to the corrupt factions who have utterly bankrupted SA in the past, and you will be able to proceed with vigour. Let's now make use of the fantastic natural energy sources we already have.
We can't - simply can't - depend on a broken, dirty Eskom for 95% of our power in future if we want to prosper as a nation. A simple undeniable fact.