Johannesburg - Gauteng Hawks head Major General Shadrack Sibiya will not be suspended on Monday, The Star reported.
"The minister of police and the national commissioner have agreed to give an undertaking that they will not suspend my client tomorrow [Monday] morning," Sibiya's lawyer Victor Nkhwashu said on Sunday after making an urgent application in the Labour Court.
Sibiya's application was to have the court rule that his suspension was illegal because the necessary processes had not been followed.
A meeting was held in the court chambers of Judge David Gush.
Notice of suspension
Last Monday, Sibiya was served with a notice of suspension and given a week to give reasons why he should not be suspended. The suspension was reportedly related to his alleged involvement in facilitating the illegal rendition of Zimbabweans in November 2010.
Nkhwashu said the Hawks had failed to respond to a request for further details on the allegations they wanted to suspend him on.
Senior Hawks official Colonel Leslie Maluleke was also reportedly served with a notice of suspension last week, while on 23 December Hawks boss Anwa Dramat was suspended, apparently pending a probe into his alleged involvement in the renditions.