Johannesburg - Gauteng Hawks head Major General Shadrack Sibiya will question his notice of suspension from the crime-fighting body in the Labour Court this week, The Star newspaper reported on Tuesday.
Sibiya would return to the Labour Court on Wednesday where he would ask for details, the newspaper reported.
His lawyer Victor Nkhwashu was quoted as saying: "He hopes to be supplied with the particulars we've asked for so that he can respond to the notice of suspension.
"We're not saying he shouldn't be suspended, we're just saying processes must be followed for the suspension to be fair."
Sibiya had undertaken to co-operate, so he needed the particulars so he could comply, said Nkhwashu.
An urgent Labour Court interdict against Sibiya's suspension was secured on Sunday.
Last Monday, Sibiya was served with a notice of suspension and given a week to give reasons why he should not be suspended.
Nkhwashu said the notice mentioned charges related to Sibiya's alleged involvement in facilitating the illegal rendition of Zimbabweans, but did not give dates or venues.
Senior Hawks official Colonel Leslie Maluleke was also reportedly served with a notice of suspension last week, while on 23 December Hawks boss Anwa Dramat was suspended, apparently pending a probe into his alleged involvement in the renditions.