Over 100 000 votes were cast which saw Tanya, who was placed at position 11 last year, shoot past previous local winners Lee-Ann Liebenberg and Kerry McGregor to land herself comfortably at number 1.
The 24-year-old Tanya, who found her way into FHM after doing an editorial shoot for the magazine in 2004, is also well-known for her appearances in the local TV series Hard Copy and Snitch.
In 2006, she then featured in the FHM Calendar and FHM Lingerie Special. More recently, she pens a weekly column for lad mag ZOO Weekly/Weekliks as its relationship expert.
News24 managed to catch up with Tanya for a quick Q&A in between her hectic schedule.
1) First of all, congratulations with your Sexiest Woman award. How does it feel to be voted FHM's Sexiest Woman?
It is such a big compliment for me, I am truly grateful for everyone's support.
2) Have you got any interesting modelling or acting projects coming up over the next few months?
Yes, a lot of exciting things. I was just asked to be the ambassador for the new Rav 4 and am currently doing a campaign for them. Also I am an ambassador for "Ping" the golf label. I am doing a lot of other things similar to that. Acting-wise, there are a lot of fun projects in the pipeline...you'll have to wait and see.
3) What advice would you offer a newcomer to your industry?
Enjoy every moment of it, and never give up! It's hard work, but if it's your dream, go for it.
4) What's your life philosophy?
My greatest passion in life is to give. I believe what you give, is what you will receive - be it hard work, friendship or love, it all comes back to you.
5) If you couldn't be a model or actress, what else would you have liked to do with your life?
I'd like to be a film director. I love making films. So, if I can't be in front of the camera, I would like to be a part of the creative side.
6) What was your very first job?
An indoor poster for Smiley's, a clothing store.
7) What is your favourite SA spot, and overseas? Why?
The lowveld, because I grew up there. And overseas, it is definitely New York because of the great vibe.
8) What do you do to relax?
I try to get out of the city, and into the outdoors.
9)What's your favourite restaurant?
Lavista sociale club in Melville.
10) If you could invite any four people to dinner, who would they be?
Meryl Streep, Nicole Kidman, Robert De Niro and Sean Penn.
11) Please tell us more about your dream date.
Well...it's very simple, yet perfect. There is food and music...and then there is a gorgeous gentleman named Emmanuel.
12) Finally, if you were to be stranded on an island, what three things would you bring with you?
A swiss army knife, lighters for a fire, and a big pack of wine gums. (I have a very sweet tooth.)