Lieutenant General Jan Mabula on Saturday said it was part of the investigation. “Yes, we are looking at this. We are looking at everything that is being alleged. We have also confiscated the clothing of the two accused.
But police have denied allegations that a condom was found on the scene. “100% no, no no,” said provincial police spokesperson captain Adéle Myburgh.
Mabula said he was on the scene of the crime shortly after the murder and saw no condoms. There was also no mention of the condom in a police report.
According to the charge sheet, the two suspects, Chris Mahlangu, 27, and a 15-year-old were facing, amongst others, a charge of crimen injuria for pulling down Terre’Blanche’s pants and exposing his private parts.
Rapport was told stories about how Terre’Blanche was a cruel man who had mistreated white and black workers on his farm. Rynardt van Zyl, 20, and a 17-year-old street child said Terre’Blanche had hit them with a whip when he was drunk.
Allegations were also made of a weapons arsenal hidden on his farm.
Rapport was also informed of a teenage boy, who was a member of the AWB and who regularly visited Terre’Blanche on his farm, who had been taken to a place of safety. There were allegations that the boy had been sexually abused.
City Press reported that new AWB leader Steyn van Ronge commented on the allegation that the boy was lying in Terre’Blanche’s arms when he slept over at his farm: “He (Terre’Blanche) felt sorry for him because his parents were divorced.”
The AWB issued a strongly-worded statement on Saturday, denying several allegations that had sprung up after Terre’Blanche’s death.
Secretary General of the AWB, André Visagie, said amongst others that Terre’Blanche had not had the energy to rape someone as he had not taken his heart medication on the day of his death.