Relinquish Dagga Law Bill
08 09 2014
This document expects the reader to be up to date with current, global, scientific-medical dagga research, findings & statistics.
SECTION A RELINQUISH DAGGA LAWS
1. Cannabis, Dagga, Hemp should be removed from all Acts of Law, such as the Drug & Trafficking Act of 1992 and any other Act or Law, with immediateeffect.
2. Any past or future act of law or regulation concerning cannabis may not:
2.1. Limit the rights of adults to cultivate and use cannabis for industrial, medical or recreational purposes.
2.2 Limit the rights of children to access medical cannabis.
2.3 Criminalise any person for possession, cultivation and the use of cannabis.
SECTION B FREE OTHERWISE LAW ABIDING POT-PRISONERS
All prisoners convicted under the Drug & Trafficking Act of 1992, whom were convicted solely on the possession, dealing and/or trafficking of daggashould be released from prison with presidential pardon.
All persons whom have been convicted under the Drug & Trafficking Act of 1992, whom were convicted solely on the possession, dealing and/ortrafficking of dagga should receive presidential pardon and their criminal record cleared of all dagga offenses.
Continues to next page…
SECTION B POSSESION
1. Adults are allowed to possess an unquantified quantity of dagga on them or at their property.
SECTION C CULTIVATION
1. Adults are allowed to grow an unquantified quantity of dagga.
SECTION D MINORS
1. Persons under 18 are not allowed to use dagga recreationally however,
2. Children may be prescribed medical dagga for medical conditions.
SECTION E EDUCATION
1. Cannabis education must be implemented throughout the education system.
2. Cannabis education must be based on information that is scientifically accurate, honest & unbiased.
SECTION F PUBLIC SAFETY
1. Smoking in public
1.1. No distinction will be made between a dagga cigarette, bong (Water-pipe), dabs (Concentrates) and a tobacco cigarette in terms of smoking in public.Cannabis users will follow the same regulation to smoking in public as tobacco smokers.
2. Vaporizing in public
2.1. The use of a portable vaporizer in public will be permissible for strict medical conditions only where properly ventilated otherwise will be regardedas smoking in public.
SECTION G SALE & TAXATION
1.1. All dagga sold for recreational and medical application must undergo inspection for quality and impurities before it would be deemed fit for humanconsumption.
1.2. The sale of recreational dagga to under-18s is prohibited.
1.3. The sale of dagga by gangs & crime syndicates are prohibited.
2.1 The sale of dagga is exempt of all taxes except where VAT TAX applies.
1. This bill shall go into effect immediately after it is passed.