Parents die saving child from top-floor apartment blaze

2019-10-04 14:25
Apartment. (Photo: CEN/MAGAZINEFEATURES.CO.ZA)

Apartment. (Photo: CEN/MAGAZINEFEATURES.CO.ZA)

Multimedia   ·   User Galleries   ·   News in Pictures Send us your pictures  ·  Send us your stories

A couple have died saving their young son from a fire on the top floor of an apartment building.

Police are reportedly baffled because the flat’s locked front door was barricaded with furniture on the inside, according to local media.

The blaze took place in a village in Russia.

In footage captured by witnesses, the seven-year-old-boy, whose name hasn’t been released, can be seen carefully lowered to the ground by a rope supported by his dad from the top floor of the block of flats.

A crowd of onlookers screamed as the dad climbed out of the window and appeared to let go of his wife’s hands before plummeting to the ground.

The camerawoman screams again as the mother apparently jumps from the window.

Both parents died from their injuries, according to local media.

Authorities are trying to establish the cause of the fire.

It’s unclear who’s caring for the boy.

Sources: Magazine Features

Read more on:    parent  |  death  |  freak accident
NEXT ON NEWS24X

Inside News24

 
/News
Traffic Alerts
Traffic
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.